Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern - Transportation Planning (San Diego, CA)
at Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Kimley-Horn, one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for a Transportation Planning student to join our San Diego, CA team for a summer internship.
This position will support our growing Transportation Planning practice by providing planning, design, and graphic and technical production. Project experiences will be diverse, as we provide services to both the public and private sectors. You will perform a variety of tasks, supporting various project managers and collaborating with team members. You will receive both on-the-job and formal training as well as mentorship, camaraderie, and exposure to plan production, project financials, and client interactions.
Projects could include:
- Multi-modal travel demand forecasting
- Transit facility and service planning
- Long-range transportation planning
- Strategic parking and mobility planning
- Have or in the process of receiving a BS or MS in Planning from an accredited program by summer of 2021
- Working knowledge of graphic software programs (Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, Illustrator, GIS/Arcview, and PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Excel
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Detail-oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Participation in professional societies or extracurricular activities
- Applicable internship experience and/or work experience
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.