Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern - Landscape Architecture (San Diego, CA)
at Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Kimley-Horn, one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for a Landscape Architecture student to join our San Diego, CA team for a summer internship. This position will support our growing Landscape Architecture and Land Planning practices by providing site planning, urban and landscape design, and graphic and technical production. Project experiences will be diverse, as we provide services to both the public and private sectors. Projects include land planning, urban design and redevelopment, mixed-use and all types of residential development, streetscapes, design guidelines, public infrastructure design, parks and other community facility design.
- Must be in process of completing within the next 18 months, a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture
- Detail-oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Proficient freehand illustration and rendering skills
- Strong communication, leadership and technical skills
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
**Portfolio or work samples are required. Website or reduced PDF preferred.**
- Familiarity with graphic software programs (Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, Illustrator, GIS/Arcview, and PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Excel
- Participation in professional societies or extracurricular activities
- Applicable internship experience and/or work experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.