Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aviation Project Engineer - (Sacramento, CA)
at Kimley-Horn and Associates, inc.
At Kimley Horn, we provide the environment for our people to flourish along with offering many great benefits including generous health benefits, industry leading 401k match, profit sharing, highly rewarding bonus programs, backup childcare and many other great benefits.
Primary duties include:
- Design and construction administration of airports, including grading, drainage, pavement design, specifications, and construction safety plans
- Collaborating and/or coordinating design teams consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and technicians
- AutoCAD Civil3d design
- Lead and support aviation design construction projects as the project representative for design
- Support planning and design of airport projects as requested
- Prepare analysis reports in support of airport planning, design, and construction
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of aviation management and other staff, contractors, and others encountered in the course of work
- Supervise and coordinate the work product of Analysts and other technical staff on various transportation/aviation engineering projects.
- Manage and deliver tasks under limited supervision and guidance.
- Candidate must have at least 4 years of experience within airport design and construction.
- PE certification or ability to obtain the certification within one year of employment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
- Ability and desire to manage projects and work with clients
- Entrepreneurial spirit and growth oriented
- Ability to train and develop more junior staff
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.