Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1St Shift Apprentice – Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic - Sacramento, California.
Apprenticeswill assist in the repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of airframes, enginesystems, parts and components. Apprentices will provide world class service andsupport for customers in our Service Centers.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
· Assist mechanics with a variety ofmechanical duties on various aircraft models involving diagnosis ofmalfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassemblyor adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft for flight anddelivery to customer
· Utilize equipment such as tensiometers,micrometers, pressure gauges, dial gauges, vacuum gauges, and a variety of handtools to assist mechanics with repairing or modifying systems or assemblies
· Perform a variety of line serviceactivities for company and customer owned aircraft and general Service Centerfacilities maintenance
· Maintain watch and meet aircraft ontaxi ramp
· Tow, park, and secure aircraft atvarious ramp and hangar locations
· Inventory and store personalcontents as required
· Defuel and fuel aircraft
· Complete fuel usage forms andrecords
· Position and operate ground powerand other aircraft service units
· Perform general cleaning of ramps andservice center facilities
· Maintain assigned service equipment andtransportation vehicles
· Perform cleaning and routinemaintenance checks
· Work in accordance with establishedsafety practices including proper use of personal protective equipment;maintain a neat and orderly work area
· High School Diploma orequivalent and working towards an A&P License
· Excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills
· Acts with customerexpectations and requirements in mind
· Collaborates and easily getsalong in team-based environments
· Valid driver's license
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable)
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.