Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cardiac Surgery Technologist
at Kaiser Permanente
Job Reference #: 715234
Under direct supervision, acts as member of cardiac team; completes all necessary arrangements before surgery; removes instruments, equipment and supplies after surgery; maintains equipment according to established procedures; assists with orienting and training new employees and or students; assists with emergency calls and coordinating transfer to operating rooms.
• Patient Procedures and Activities: Assist physician during minor surgical procedures.
• Assist in obtaining tissue specimens.
• Assist physician in developing new techniques and procedures.
• Follow standard infection control procedures.
• Lift patients.
• Prepare and position patients for diagnostic test and medical procedures.
• Respond to emergencies (i.e., stat pages, Code Blue) and stat request.
• Shave and apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin areas.
• Assist in cardiovascular procedures.
• Assist physician with inpatient pacemaker procedures.
• Act as member of cardiac surgery team and other surgery team (for example, pass instruments, cut sutures and hold retractors).
• Assist in insertion/removal of intra-aortic balloon in cardiac surgery.
• Equipment and Instruments: Operate autoclave, drying oven or dishwasher.
• Assemble/disassemble equipment and instruments.
• Ensure equipment is available for procedures and examinations.
• Check emergency equipment.
• Prepare and process packs, supplies, equipment and instruments.
• Prepare procedure and exam rooms.
• Restock operating, procedure, cast and examination rooms.
• Select and set out appropriate tubing and sterile supplies.
• Set up instruments and surgical trays.
• Dismantle and clean operating room equipment.
• Maintain sterilized supplies, instruments and equipment for surgical procedures.
• Remove and inventory equipment and supplies after surgical procedures.
• Clean and sterilize instrument, supplies and equipment.
• Inspect equipment and instruments for damage.
• Maintain equipment in good working order.
• Perform minor adjustments and or repairs on equipment.
• Dispose of used syringes and contaminated materials.
• Replenish supplies and equipment.
• Administrative and Other: Orient and train new or less experienced personnel.
• Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural questions and assisting in problem solving.
• Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
Pay Grade: 25
• One (1) year of operating room experience scrubbing within the last two (2) years required.
• Certification as a Surgical Technician is required but will accept an individual who is scheduled to take the certification exam (one opportunity given).
• BLS required.
• Competency scrubbing for all types of surgical procedures.
• This is an on call position, days and hours may vary.
• May fill in for call coverage but not required.