Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Teledyne Controls
Teledyne is an industry leader in airplane data acquisition, networking and wireless connectivity solutions. As the industry moves rapidly toward real-time connectivity of the aircraft, we are growing to meet the increasing demands of our customers around the globe. We are looking for great engineers who are passionate about engineering and innovation. Our teams consist of smart engineers with intense curiosity and passion to do their best. Come and be part of the organization that makes aircraft talk!
We are seeking a seasoned System Engineer with a full understanding of aerospace industry practices and knowledge of commercial avionics. You will work ‘hands-on’ with software, hardware and security engineers to ensure the correctness and quality of the solutions we develop. You will use your skills to help develop complex technical proposals, act as a technical lead for development programs, conduct trade studies, manage and perform requirements and verification testing, support R&D activities, and create technical documentation.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
What You’ll Do:
- Perform product development, design, and verification activities (hardware and software)
- Conduct technical trade studies concerning new technologies and system configurations
- Develop, manage and establish traceability of system level requirements and their allocation across various engineering disciplines
- Assist in customer proposal development with system definition and functional requirements
- Develop and evaluate prototypes
- Conduct in-depth troubleshooting and root cause analysis on development and in-service equipment
- Lead and participate in validation and verification activities
- Create technical documents, such as: product lifecycle documents, concepts of operations, technical design memos, and user-guide source material
- Support Program Management in the definition of tasks, schedule and costing activities
What you will bring:
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience as System Engineer in the development of commercial avionics
- A good working knowledge of DO-256/DO-178, ARINC data bus protocols, and IP based networking technologies
- The commensurate experience necessary to perform the work defined above and the desire to work in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- A B.S. degree or higher (preferably in CS, EE, Math, or other technical area), or equivalent professional experience.
Even Better if you bring:
- Experience with Wi-Fi (802.11) and cellular technologies
- Advanced Networking/Ethernet (802.3) and Network Security related experience
- Experience with Cloud based service technologies
- Experience building and implementing test automation frameworks
- Experience with DOORS, JIRA and Agile methods
This position may require domestic or international travel (<20%)
This is a full-time opportunity with one of the leading providers of sophisticated solutions designed to help operators increase flight safety and operational efficiency through more efficient aircraft data and information management, located in El Segundo, California.
What can Teledyne Controls’ offers YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Teledyne Controls requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment.