Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transmission Technician- Full-time/ Trainee
Transmission Technician – Sunroad Enterprises
Technicians inspect, maintain and repair vehicles but this position will be more specialized and focused on transmission repair. Technicians use diagnostic tools to identify the source of problems and then make the necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or factory standards.
- Repairing or replacing all parts of a vehicle including wheels, axles, frames, defective ball joint suspensions and brake shoes; installing and repairing air conditioners and servicing components such as compressors, condensers, and controls; and testing electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure that they are working properly.
- Communicating directly with the service advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Inspecting and testing new vehicles for damage and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Must be certified with 3 plus years of experience, factory certification is desired (not required)
- Must hold at least one National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in the eight automotive specialty areas (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual transmission and axle, brakes and front end).
- Mechanical experience is required.
- Must keep abreast of the federal, state and local regulations that affect operations, and must also comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA policies.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must have working knowledge of shop equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
**Trainee position my available in few locations. The trainee's application is not subject to the job-requirement mentioned above.
Sunroad Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Kearny Mesa Chevrolet
KM Ford & Kia
KM Hyundai Subaru
Toyota Chula Vista
BMW of El Cajon
San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
KM Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram