Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Become a member of a winning team! Kearny Mesa Hyundai is currently accepting applications for a Hyundai Certified Technician. Service technicians inspect, maintain and repair vehicles. Technicians use diagnostic tools to identify the source of problems and then make adjustments or repairs. As with all positions within dealerships, Service Technicians are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Responsibilities and Duties Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or factory standards.
- Repairing or replacing all parts of a vehicle including wheels, axles, frames, defective ball joint suspensions and brake shoes; installing and repairing air conditioners and servicing components such as compressors, condensers, and controls; and testing electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure that they are working properly.
- Communicating directly with the service advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Inspecting and testing new vehicles for damage and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Supervising and training apprentice or entry-level technicians.
Education No Specific Requirement
Most technicians have two to five years of experience as an entry-level automotive technician and hold at least one National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in the eight automotive specialty areas (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual transmission and axle, brakes and front end). Service technicians must keep abreast of the federal, state and local regulations that affect their operations, and must also comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA policies.
For further questions please call Glenn at 858-444-7278
Kearny Mesa Hyundai Subaru is an Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.