Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Human Resources / Rancho Bernardo Inn
at JC Resorts
- GENERAL - Human Resources
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
JC Resorts has been a proven leader in the management and operation of golf and resort properties since 1971. Our diverse entities are united by the same authentic vision - MAKING MEMORIES. EVERY GUEST. EVERY TIME. That means impeccable service without stuffiness, attention to detail without stifling formality and comfortable accommodations without the trace of pretentiousness. We revel in the unique and offer a customized approach to maximize the performance individual properties while enhancing their distinctive character.
The Rancho Bernardo Inn has an exciting opportunity for a customer focused, organized and efficient Director of Human Resources with strong communication and multi-tasking skills.
Essential Purpose: To manage the staff and operations of the Human Resources office on behalf of the Rancho Bernardo Inn to ensure that departmental objectives are met.
- To oversee and provide direction to Assistant Director of Human Resources and Human Resources Manager, including the Benefits Coordinator and Human Resources Coordinator.
- To mentor and develop the skill set and expertise of the Human Resources Manager to ensure adequate coverage in the absence of the Director of Human Resources.
- To ensure the timely and professional administration of routine tasks, including recruiting, hiring, orienting, and terminating hotel staff; processing employee transactions; maintaining personnel records; tracking and ensuring performance reviews; managing claims for workers' compensation, unemployment, and disability; tracking and documenting Family Care and Medical Leave; enrollment, extension, and problem resolution; responding to requests for personnel related information; enforcing Human Resources policies and procedures.
- To promptly inform the General Manager of on site issues regarding employee relations, and to monitor company compliance with State and Federal employment-related laws.
- To conduct timely and thorough investigations regarding claims of discrimination and sexual harassment and to review the investigation and the recommended action with the Corporate Director of Compliance and the Regional Director of Human Resources.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field, or equivalent experience required. English fluency required. Ability to converse in work-related Spanish preferred. Must have minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in a senior Human Resources position, and be familiar with the basics of all related functions. Computer experience required. Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred. Familiar with OSHA, SB198, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substances. Valid California driver's license required. Proof of personal automobile insurance coverage required. Hotel experience preferred.
Please click here for full job description.
JC Resorts/Rancho Bernardo Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V