Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Level - Civil / Structural Engineer, (ConRac)
at Jacob's Studio
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Senior Civil / Structural engineer will oversee the design management and construction process at site. ConRac is a large concrete structure supporting a consolidated rental car / car-park facility being build ground up at the LAX Airport. This role is a 4-5 year long term project with final site turn over scheduled around year 2023.
- Responsible for working as part of the oversight team to respond to questions during procurement, part of the analysis of ATCs as needed, review proposals as part of the evaluation process
- Assure all civil designs are compliant with the project requirements and participate in design reviews
- Review and approve any deviations and RFIs
- Responsible for working with the construction manager to assure that the construction is completed in accordance with the design
- Participate in change control panel as needed
- Report progress and issues monthly
- BS in Civil Engineering is required
- Minimum of 10 years' experience on sites performing civil / structural engineering / evaluating is required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience utilizing AutoCAD is required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects is required
- MS in an Engineering discipline is preferred
- PE registration is California preferred
- Experience on Aviation, large retail space and/or municipal project is preferred
- At least 2 years of prior parking structure exp.
- Work expeditiously, and under time constraints
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Team player
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.