Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Roadway Design Engineer
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
As a Roadway Design Engineer, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects and utilize your civil/roadway design expertise to lead transportation related projects.
Under the supervision of a Senior Engineer:
- Performs civil design calculations for a variety of projects, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
- Reviews drawings supplied by contractors, clients, and engineers then recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Provides project cost estimating.
- Attends design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
- Assists with other duties assigned by Senior Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 5 years of previous professional engineering roadway design and geometrics experience, as well as familiarity with Caltrans, AASHTO and MUTCD standards
- Licensed P.E. in the state of California
- Similar job titles: Transportation Engineer, Highway Engineer
The Ideal candidate should possess and can demonstrate some of the following skills and knowledge:
- Prior experience on local, state and/or federal projects
- Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design software (Microstation/Inroads and AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.