Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jacob's Studio
The Office Engineerreports to the Assistant Construction Manager, and is responsible for completingassigned tasks assuring compliance with all approved submittals, specifications,standards, codes, and drawings. This position requires good communication (bothverbal and written) skills, good independent decision making capabilities, anda clear understanding of when issues need to get escalated to the Assistant CM. Thisposition also requires a familiarity with the MS Office software, pdf editor(Blue Beam preferred), and use of a customized version of PM Web. Duties are asfollows:
- Monitors the project schedule and budget
- Provides document control oversight and performs document control when needed
- Prepare for pre-construction meeting (agenda, early action letter)
- Oversee Setup and maintenance of project files
- Process / distribute / review submittals, RFIs, project documents, correspondence
- Generates progress pay estimate or reviews contractor payment application for accuracy; ensures audit proof documentation is compiled for each pay estimate
- Manage RFI's, including distribution and log
- Assist Inspector in generating monthly quantity calculations
- Perform labor compliance / EEO reviews / interviews
- Perform claims management tasks
- Perform schedule reviewing tasks
- Prepare correspondence
- Reviews certified payrolls and extra work bills for compliance with prevailing wage laws; conducting or coordinating labor compliance interviews, and documenting non-conformance
- Oversee Maintenance of all project logs
- Draft change orders/change notices
- Contract close-out
- Coordinate Track Access and Safety Monitors
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- At least 6 years as an Office Engineer required
- Working with a California based organization A/E/CM firm is highly desired.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prior Aviation Construction project experience preferred
- Exhibits planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure on multiple project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.