Insomniac Games, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Insomniac Games, inc.
Job TitleAssociate Effects Artist
FBI, ATV, CTU, ATF, ETA, HR, TSA, MIA, RSVP, RIP, CSI, WTF, WHO, IMO, LOL - these are all acronyms that everyone knows. Well, Insomniac Games is searching for an FX wizard. We are looking for a talented artist to create effects to work and assist in gameplay, environment, and the cinematics of our game. If you are interested- keep reading:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
* Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
* Paint particle and decal textures * Create simulations for gameplay elements
* Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
* Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
* Create simple geometry and assign UV's.
* Optimize FX for framerate and memory.
* Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine.
* Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game.
* Self-directed and ability to work independently: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game.
* Orchestrates complex FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
* Prototype effect concepts for gameplay and engine
* Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proficient in Maya, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations, hard surface modeling, and UV mapping.
* Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures.
* Proficient with node-based shader networks.
* Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
Other Skills: Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills and ability to use reference materials. Ability to work independently. Proficient Animation and timing skills. Solid traditional arts background a plus.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please use the link above. Please note is a project hire but benefit eligible role. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!