Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Software Engineer (Digital)
at IHOP Restaurants
The Lead Engineer – Digital Technology is responsible for the day-to-day technical design, development and execution of Dine Brands’ guest-facing digital channels on Sitecore, including IHOP.com and Applebees.com. This Sr. Engineer will play a leadership role in developing foundational services and components, supporting development of digital features and functionality, and collaborating with internal resources and outside agencies to create engaging and compelling digital solutions.
The Lead Engineer reports directly to the Senior Manager of Digital Engineering and Development and is responsible for designing and implementing robust single page and traditional MVC applications on the .net Core and Sitecore/MVC platforms, while conforming to standards-based development – single use theory, dependency injection, etc. The Sr. Engineer will be part of a small technology leadership team that delivers key digital solutions and directs, coordinates and manages the geographically distributed work of technology studios and contractors both on site, onshore, and offshore
A Day in the Life:
- Work through current sprint cycle to deliver standards based Sitecore MVC solutions and Data Templates. Test-driven development will be used daily to ensure quality delivery of code and solutions.
- Apply deep knowledge of .Net, Sitecore and software development principles to aid in system architecture and design.
- Growth: Continuous education though company sponsored and self-education on latest tools and technologies. While this engineer will focus on Sitecore, there will be opportunities to develop solutions on many platforms and technologies, including serverless applications, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Drive the evolution of the team by introducing and championing new technologies and platforms.
- Process Minded: Follow the SDLC and Agile methodologies through use of tools such as Jira, GitHub, Unicorn, Jenkins, and Chef. Consistently utilize and adhere to security (OWASP) and accessibility (WCAG) frameworks and guidelines. Effectively engage and align with enterprise infrastructure, security, and architecture teams.
- Problem Solving: Ability to process and solve both short term and long term digital challenges. Recommend technical solutions and alternatives.
- Operational Excellence: Leverage your experience in developing and delivering technical projects to provide accurate estimates for level of effort and complexity associated with digital projects. Support the work of other on the team through design and code reviews.
Do you, love technology? Are you a Sitecore and marketing technology expert? Are you results-focused? Do you want to be part of a technology organization that has an opportunity to bring digital experiences to some iconic restaurant brands? If you want to apply all that you have learned to help a digital team start off on the right foot, we want YOU!
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience developing robust applications with Sitecore 8.x .
- Sitecore 8.x certification preferred, but consideration will be made for excellent .Net technologies with a strong CMS or ecommerce background.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience with Solr, Lucene or Covea search and indexing technology
- Minimum 7 years of .net MVC and or .Net Forms experience.
- Minimum 7 years of development with SQL Server 2008 .
- Minimum 7 years of technical experience designing and building digital experiences for well-known consumer brands.
- Minimum 5 years working in responsive web development with Bootstrap or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years working with Angular, React or other Single Page Application framework.
- Minimum 3 years working with npm, Bower, Gulp, and LESS or SASS.
- Minimum 5 years Back-end development experience with any of .net, node, PHP, or Ruby, or Java.
- Experience consuming and creating REST web service APIs.
- Experience with Application Performance Management platforms and tuning applications (AppDynamics, New Relic, Elasticsearch
- Experience with GIT and modern branching strategies.
- Excellent Technical Documentation Skills.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in a cross-functional matrix organization.
All qualified candidates must possess the following core qualifications:
- Strong pro-active communication, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to assist in the timely delivery of high-quality software releases.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills in meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management.
- Dedication to a collaborative working style and the ability to work well in small teams.
- A self-starter who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities.
- Willingness to participate in after-hour and on-call support.
- A desire to learn and use new technologies.
- Full stack system .NET architecture experience
- Full Stack Sitecore 8.x – from data template to TDS and cloud deployment
- Deep understanding of Solr, Lucene and/or Coveo
- Deep understanding of .net 4.5 and MVC
- Basic Understanding of .net Core MVC a
- AngularJS, node.js, and Bootstrap
- 24/7 Ecommerce/Retail/Gaming experience.
- Application Performance Management
- Cloud and SaaS knowledge.
- Knowledge of deploying solutions to AWS.
- Experience working within an Agile methodology.
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio, with team services, integration and GIT
- Full stack development in npm, PHP or .net (including SQL or a Mongo-like document database