Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QA Engineer III
at ICW Group
As a QA Engineer III at ICW Group, you will maintain, negotiate, and establish in-house quality standards and specification, and acts as a consultant to developmental and operational processes, quality practices, and quality audits. This position exists to ensure design quality while making sure that the software adheres to quality standards for testing all software products that are either built in-house or configured on the cloud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Executes tasks that span across multiple systems/processes for one or more business projects/areas.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business and IT systems and user needs to determine the best test approach.
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans, and coordinates test activities.
- Identifies, records, thoroughly documents, and tracks bugs
- Partners with the Development team to perform test via standards based on APIs for communicating between applications.
- Tracks quality assurance metrics including reporting on pre-defined KPI, defect densities, and open defects counts.
- Influences quality engineering best practices within the scrum team.
- Executes and maintains automated regression test suites using open source tools.
- Follows standards in accordance with company policy and regulation (MAR, HIPAA, ISO 2700, ISO 27001, etc.).
- Recommends process improvement and strengthens the quality standards and implements those improvements on approval.
- Audits test deliverables to ensure they meet standards and takes corrective action to mitigate variances.
Develops detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test strategy, test plans, and test scripts.
- Develops and applies testing processes to new and existing products to meet stakeholders needs.
- Develops and maintains automated test harnesses and libraries.
- Develops and maintains testing standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure consistent testing procedures.
- Creates tests that cover functionality, load, security, etc. at the API and GUI levels.
- Identifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
Becomes a subject matter expert for one or more business areas and technical product.
- Delivers quality process training to technical staff.
- Acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure that quality standards, procedures, and methodologies are being followed.
- Partners with distributed teams, outside vendors, or offshore testing partners.
- Coaches and educates others to increase early defect detection rates and decrease defect escape rates.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or similar) and/or equivalent work experience. At least 4 years’ experience in similar position with at least 5 years of IT and/or relevant business experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Certificated Software Test Engineer (CSTE) or International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) preferred. CP-SAT Selenium Automation Testing certification preferred. Foundation level API certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Works in an agile manner and must be flexible to changing priorities. Must have ability to learn, analyze, and interpret technical documentation such as software requirements, detailed designs, flow charts and database schemas. Must have a customer-service mentality to resolve/avoid conflict and enable a team approach. Ability to speak in front of teams, stakeholders and management. Understanding of the software development life cycle processes; understanding of different testing methodologies and their proper application. Experience in analyzing requirements to reduce ambiguity and increase testability; experience developing and reviewing test plans, test cases, and test scripts. Ability to anticipate user behavior or risks to systems; ability to work independently; experience querying and using data to enhance testing approach/scope. Automation feasibility definition and hands-on execution experience; ability to train others on automation practices and tools. Experience mentoring junior QA team members. Knowledge of Insurance Industry best practices and business workflows a plus and Industry standard certification in Quality Assurance is strong desired. Strong experience with SQL and SQL and database schema designs and experience with building automation frameworks is a must. Ability to validate data transformations and perform End-to-End validations for ETL/ API enabled integrated systems. Work effectively in both Agile/Scrum and Waterfall (for specific external vendor-led efforts) frameworks.
Ability to work effective working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams. Ability to quickly understand and gain domain expertise in highly complex existing application and architecture.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasionally the work environment may be loud.
Your future is calling you...It's time to take your career to a place that invests in its IT as the future! We look forward to hearing from you!