HUB International Limited is an insurance brokerage providing an array of worldwide brokerage services including property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment, and wealth management products and services. HUB has more than 300 offices across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with more than 8,000 employees. We are a company dedicated to superior customer service with employees committed to adding value to every client activity.
Our team of dedicated professionals delivers customized employee benefit and wellness solutions by combining best-in-class insurance placement, proven long-term strategies, exceptional service, and leading technology. We are passionate about the work we do for people, companies and communities. Our goals are to continue to grow and bring innovative solutions to our clients. To achieve our company goals, we’ve developed a culture built on strong values, healthy lifestyles and effective communication.
HUB International is honored to be recognized among Orange County’s “Top Workplaces 2015” as awarded by The Orange County Register.
We are seeking a talented Account Representative (Employee Benefits) to join our team. The position can be based in Sunnyvale, San Ramon, Concord or Roseville.
Working collaboratively in a team, the Account Representative coordinates and provides day-to-day service to our clients for their employee benefits needs.
- Designs annual benchmarking reports and makes recommendations on strategy based on findings
- Maintains client relationships, supports client retention, maintains strong carrier relationships, and understands client needs
- Serves as the day to day contact and provides resolution for client questions and issues
- Responds to all phone calls and inquiries within 24 hours of receipt
- Manages claims and coverage issue resolution for clients’ employees when elevated from HR or MyBenefitsChampion call center
- Provides assistance with clients’ billing and eligibility audits, and on occasion may conduct these audits for clients independently
- Maintains client records in share drive and BenefitPoint
- Advises and guides clients in compliance matters
- Educates clients on all Value Added Services
- Facilitates preparation of open enrollment (OE) packets including SBCs and disclosure notices
- Creates employee benefit booklets and other communication materials
- Assists with open enrollment presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint software and conducts benefits webinars and/or records Brainshark presentations for employees and HR Managers
- Orders supplies from carriers, and reviews for accuracy
- Collaborates with Marketing Department on the distribution of MyBenefitsChampion communication materials
- Communicates MyBenefitsChampion utilization trends to clients
- Manages new carrier, plan or vendor implementation including benefits administration system build-out and project management
- Installs and regularly updates client specific data in data management system
- Performs contract review and facilitates preparation of SPD Wraps, Cafeteria and POP Plan documents
- Facilitates 500 preparation with CPA and client
- Prepares master group files, client contact sheet, and maintains carrier files
- Assists with the RFP process as needed, such as proposal development including, preparing census, entering and updating pivotal information as needed, on-line quoting, and Marketing a group when requested
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- High School Diploma or GED - Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of related experience working as an Account Manager or Account Representative in the employee benefits arena (equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable)
- Currently licensed and in good standing in required lines and states (or, will obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated computer proficiency - Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated math proficiency
Join the HUB International team and watch your career grow! We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical/dental coverage
• Retirement Plan with 50% company match (first 6% of contribution)
• Vacation/holiday pay
• Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• And much more!
HUB International is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V