Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loss Mitigation Specialist
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Loss Mitigation Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities directly related to the company’s Loss Mitigation functions. This role is primarily responsible, under moderate supervision, for ensuring that titles are clear and endorsements are obtained after FHA/VA loan modifications are finalized. This role prepares subordination Agreements naming Guild Mortgage as the first position lien holder on Title Reports and works within required timelines and in compliance with investor guidelines and National Servicing Standards.
- Order date downs and/or title endorsements for modifications.
- Contact borrower to obtain and clarify information and documentation related to liens and judgments.
- Contact lien holders to obtain subordination requirements.
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism when interacting with consumers via phone, email, or letter.
- Follow up on outstanding issues to ensure decision process is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
- Provide accurate and complete information to resolve issues, and follow up on any outstanding issues or commitments promptly and as promised.
- Prepare complete and accurate call notes, written documentation, etc., and update customer files in system.
- Enter and upload documents to internal systems and FHA/VA websites to obtain review and approval for loan modifications.
- Request, review, and authorize payment of title company invoices.
- Prepare Subordination Agreements.
- Overnight Loan Modification Agreements to title companies for recording.
- Follow up on Modification Agreements to make sure they have been recorded with the county recorder’s office.
- Track receipt of signed loan modifications and explain loan modification terms to borrowers.
- Stay current on changes in industry regulations, and recommend updates to internal policies, procedures, policies, and systems based on new/changed requirements.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams to ensure high quality and timely response and resolution to issues.
- Participate in activities and projects designed to improve business performance.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, along with 1 year(s) total back office mortgage servicing experience required.
- Working knowledge of FHA and VHA mortgage loan documents, including overall processes and inter-relationships, standards and requirements, terminology, compliance and regulatory requirements related to federal debt collection laws, Federal Bankruptcy Laws.
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures, CFPB, FCRA and FDCPA preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, department-metrics-driven environment required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Proficiency with basic internet searches, data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Familiarity with document retention software; Blitzdoc preferred.
- 10-key by touch strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Moderate to intermittent supervision required, depending on experience level
- Low level of independent judgment and decision-making
- Frequent contact with borrowers
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.