Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Service Desk Technician
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The IT Service Desk Technician plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of tasks related to the company’s information technology functions. The role is responsible, under general direction, for acting as the central point of contact from which users throughout the organization may request technical assistance with hardware or software.
- Answer incoming queue calls and voicemail messages, using department procedures.
- Utilize the IT Service Desk electronic ticketing system, Track-It, according to department procedures for the opening, closing, resolution, escalation, and tracking of user requests.
- Configure and troubleshoot Windows 7 in a Microsoft network environment on both desktop and laptop computers.
- Provide first-line support and resolution of all data/voice system problems and requests.
- Resolve at least 70% - 80% of all calls received, and to coordinate escalation procedures to the appropriate Information Technology staff and/or vendor(s) for those requests that cannot be resolved over the phone.
- Provide desktop support at San Diego locations, including troubleshooting PC hardware/software, and network printers.
- Interact and collaborate with other staff regarding requests, problems, updates, and resolutions.
- Create and manage user accounts, the administration of shared resources, and group membership within a Microsoft Active Directory network operating system environment.
- Create and manage user accounts in Google Apps Enterprise portal.
- Administer AS400/Client Access user accounts and resolve MS Windows related printing issues.
- Follow escalation procedures for situations which require a IT Service Desk Manager and IT Service Desk Supervisor to become involved.
- Notify IT Service Desk Manager and IT Service Desk Supervisor of any changes within Information Technology that may cause a change in escalation, major outage, server issue, major move, and/or staffing issue.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s degree from a technical school, or similar technical training, along with a minimum of two years total experience in IT Service Desk related role(s).
- Strong knowledge of technical equipment and common software packages.
- Advanced user-level hardware and software skills, including MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows (7, XP, Vista, Microsoft Office (2003, 2007), Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Anti-virus.
- Intermediate Networking skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of mainframe computers, and Telephony.
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to learn/adapt to new technologies and techniques.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service within a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business/technological periodicals, procedures, and journals.
- Ability to write procedure manuals.
- General to intermittent supervision, depending on experience
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
- Travel: 0 - 10%
- Physical: Mobility in an office setting. Must be able to carry PCs, monitors, and other computer equipment in the process of installing equipment; may also experience prolonged periods sitting at a desk. May occasionally be required to travel to different office locations within the San Diego area, or outside of the San Diego area for education and training.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.