Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst II
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Financial Analyst II plays an important role in the organization by performing a variety of professional activities related to the organization’s Finance operations. The role is responsible for business reporting and analysis that helps the management team make appropriate financial business decisions.
- Create and maintain various financial models and templates utilizing large data sets, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Validate accuracy of financial reports and provide ad hoc analysis surrounding all aspects of branch and corporate P&L’s.
- Work cross-functionally, with all levels of internal management and staff, in order to continuously improve reporting processes.
- Effectively communicate information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting on monthly and quarterly results; prepare, review, and distribute reporting for sales and corporate management.
- Manage branch pro-forma statement creation and analysis.
- Use knowledge to educate sales team on processes and requirements.
- Compile ad hoc financial reports and analyses for management.
- Use technology to gather necessary financial data and create seamless financial reporting SQL Database, Microsoft Access, Tableau or Power BI.
- Create and maintain financial dashboards and reporting packages.
- Use expertise to answer questions from less experienced Financial Analysts.
- Work to increase productivity by identifying inefficiencies and providing recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field, along with two or more years’ experience in financial analysis related role(s) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and Finance principles.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large sets of data.
- Preferred knowledge of financial reporting and data visualization tools such as SQL Database, Microsoft Access, Tableau and/or Power BI.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Ability to adapt to a growing and dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills including the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience understanding, interpreting, and consolidating financial statement for multiple business units.
- Ability to work independently with the self-motivation to accomplish goals.
- Ability to manage communication with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to research issues and identify solutions to complex problems.
• Travel 0%
• General to intermittent supervision of work, depending on experience
• Moderate independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making
• Uses sound judgment in executing core responsibilities
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.