Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician I
at Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
- Job ID
- # of Openings Remaining
- Job Location
- 5232 Lovelock
- Starting Wage
- USD $14.00/Hr.
- Job Status
- Regular Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs maintenance and repairs to all physical structures of Goodwill’s facilities. Activities include preventive maintenance, repairs, remodeling or improvements to facilities and other tasks as required by the department.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Accurately reads and interprets drawings and blue prints.
- Demonstrates knowledge in proper and safe operation of all company issued tools and equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance, diagnostics, repairs or improvements to facilities as well as other tasks required by the department in a timely manner.
- Completes all required paperwork, checklist and work schedule forms accurately and promptly.
- Drives and travels through San Diego County by following a map as needed. Must meet DMV and insurance requirements.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: GED or High School degree preferred.
Experience: Basic skill and experience in general maintenance and repair or 2 years of GISD experience including but not limited to construction, electricity, plumbing, painting, welding, machining, HVAC, flooring, carpentry, fencing, landscaping and related areas, tools and equipment.
Mathematical Skills: Basic calculations.
Other Skills Required: This job specification should not be construed implying that these requirements are the exclusive standard of the position, duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the management, formally and informally, either verbally or in writing.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid CA Driver’s License with driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance company. This position requires being able to drive a vehicle.