Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Services Technician I (PM)
at Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
- Job ID
- # of Openings Remaining
- Job Location
- 960 Sherman Street
- Starting Wage
- USD $14.50/Hr.
- Job Status
- Regular Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs janitorial services, floor care, laundry, sorting and handling of hazardous materials, stockroom activities, meeting room set-ups, moving furniture, transportation of items, and providing support to other departments.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Performs janitorial activities to provide a clean and safe environment at designated facilities.
- Follows and maintains hazardous materials storage process and procedures.
- Follows and maintains laundry process and procedures.
- Performs meeting room set-ups at various facilities.
- Supports stockroom activities.
- Completes all required paperwork, checklists and forms accurately and promptly.
- Performs material handling duties such as moving furniture or assisting in the transporting of materials from one location to another.
- Demonstrates knowledge in proper and safe operation of all company issued tools and equipment.
- EVS Technicians with a valid California driver’s license that meet DMV and insurance requirements will be required to drive and travel throughout San Diego County by following a map as needed.
- Performs floor care activities on VCT tile, vinyl tile, sealed concrete and carpeted floors in all Goodwill facilities.
Performs additional janitorial duties in Goodwill facilities not generally performed by on-site janitorial staff. These duties generally involve cleaning in high places such as air conditioning grills and low places such as along baseboards.
Must be comfortable with heights due to the use of ladders or a scissor lift to reach high places.
Cleans, maintains and performs a weekly inventory of all night crew tools and equipment.
Maintains Night Crew storage area.
Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned or directed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
Experience: Does not require specific work experience. Position competency learned through on-the-job training.
Certificates and licenses: Must have a CA Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance company requirements. EVS Technicians meeting this criteria will be required to operate company vehicles.
Other Requirements: This job specification should not be construed implying that these requirements are the exclusive standard of the position, duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the management, formally and informally, either verbally or in writing.