Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insurance Defense Attorney II - Sacramento
Position is for an Insurance Defense Attorney II in the Sacramento area.
Under general supervision, DEFENDS lawsuits against GEICO insureds and represents GEICO in subrogation, UM/UIM, and PIP suits in courts of limited and unlimited jurisdictions.
1.RESEARCHES laws and PREPARES legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda.
2.RENDERS opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department.
3.PREPARES and HANDLES pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations before trial and examinations under oath based on jurisdiction.
4.DEFENDS by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable.
5.MEETS the requirements specified below.
- License in good standing to practice law in applicable jurisdictions.
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in personal injury litigation and demonstrated trial ability in cases of moderate severity and complexity (such as control files) or 7 years' litigation experience and demonstrated trial ability in cases of moderate complexity.
- TRAVELS as required, including but not limited, to attend trials, hearings, depositions, management meetings and conferences.
- Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing, speaking, bending, reaching, lifting and standing.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and a mouse.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to access and utilize multiple pieces of office equipment that may require simultaneous use.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner in person, via telephone and/or email.
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union