Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims Management Development Program - San Diego, CA - $50,000 to Start
Job Reference #: 160001DP
A Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA is required for this position.
GEICO is looking for bright, driven college seniors and graduates to join our accelerated Management Development Program in the insurance Claims track. The goal of this 2.5 year* management training program is to develop future business leaders to help us continue on our path of steady growth, profitability and success.
As a management trainee in Claims, you will learn all about what makes GEICO the fastest growing auto insurer in the U.S. and the choice of more than 14 million customers. You will be provided a solid foundation for leading a team within our insurance Claims department.
In this development program, you will:
- Attend industry-leading training focused on insurance claims handling
- Gain hands-on customer service and claims experience, and build credibility by doing the job you'll one day manage
- Be mentored by successful GEICO managers
- Build your ability to motivate, inspire and develop a team through our comprehensive supervisor preparation curriculum, development seminars and management forums
- Coach claims associates and demonstrate your team management skills
- Work on real life business projects and make meaningful contributions
- Demonstrate your ability to achieve top results in claims
This program is your first step toward building a rewarding career with GEICO. If you are intellectually curious and driven to be the best, there are no limits to the opportunity for you to advance your career here.
Nearly 80% of our management team started their GEICO careers in an entry level position including our CEO. It's up to you how far you'll go at GEICO.
* Progression through the program is based upon performance.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or a related field
- At least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Demonstrated leadership experience on campus, within the community and/or at work
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills
- Solid computer, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, and organizational, time management and decision-making skills
- U.S. work authorization; sponsorship is not available for this program
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Upload your resume, cover letter and college transcripts (official or unofficial, including transfer credits), preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!