Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Case Manager - Hospice
at Ensign Services
Careers at Seaport Home Health and Hospice:
"We are building the premier Home Health & Hospice agency in San Diego and invite you to join a Team of people who are committed to a core objective of delivering life changing service to our home health and hospice patients"
At Seaport our core values are:
Passion for Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
At Seaport, we believe that caring for the elderly or frail is the noblest of professions. Our team is trained and motivated to deliver superior clinical outcomes and high patient and family satisfaction. It is through our team’s dedication to deliver life changing service that we become the "provider of choice" in the community that we serve. A career with Seaport requires a commitment to making work fun and celebrating successes; delivering and holding each other to the highest standards of care and professionalism; continual learning; treating others as people whose interest matter as much as our own; being innovative while using good judgment. One other thing about our work culture; we know that in order for our patients to receive the care they deserve, we need to put our employees first.
We are pleased that you are considering a career with Seaport. If you believe that you are a fit for our team and also have the experience and credentials that we are looking for please review the job description, complete the online application and let’s talk!
I. JOB SUMMARY
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
3. Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
A. Writing and initiating plan of care
B. Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
C. Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
9. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
10. Acts as Case Manager and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
1. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
4. Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
5. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
6. Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
7. Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice Interdisciplinary Group Members to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
8. Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
11. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
12. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
13. Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
14. Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
15. Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
16. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
2. Minimum of two years of experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is preferred.
3. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
4. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
5. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications; nursing skills per competency checklist.
6. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
7. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
8. Maintains a current CPR certification.
9. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
10. Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
Seaport Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.