Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Case Manager - Home Health
at Ensign Services
Careers at Seaport Home Health and Hospice:
"We are building the premier Home Health & Hospice agency in San Diego and invite you to join a Team of people who are committed to a core objective of delivering life changing service to our home health and hospice patients"
At Seaport our core values are:
Passion for Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
At Seaport, we believe that caring for the elderly or frail is the noblest of professions. Our team is trained and motivated to deliver superior clinical outcomes and high patient and family satisfaction. It is through our team’s dedication to deliver life changing service that we become the "provider of choice" in the community that we serve. A career with Seaport requires a commitment to making work fun and celebrating successes; delivering and holding each other to the highest standards of care and professionalism; continual learning; treating others as people whose interest matter as much as our own; being innovative while using good judgment. One other thing about our work culture; we know that in order for our patients to receive the care they deserve, we need to put our employees first.
We are pleased that you are considering a career with Seaport. If you believe that you are a fit for our team and also have the experience and credentials that we are looking for please review the job description, complete the online application and let’s talk!
I. JOB SUMMARY
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
9. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
10. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor or designee and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
1. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
3. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided every two (2) weeks.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
2. Minimum of two years of experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
3. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
4. Maintains a current CPR certification.
5. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
6. Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
7. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
8. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
9. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
10. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
This is a non-exempt, position which provides nursing care within the scope of practice of a registered nurse including administering prescribed medications, documenting the condition, care and treatment of patients, observing and assessing patients and notifying physicians of significant changes. A registered nursing license is required.
Seaport Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.