Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Social Worker - Home Health
at Ensign Services
Careers at Seaport Home Health and Hospice:
"We are building the premier Home Health & Hospice agency in San Diego and invite you to join a Team of people who are committed to a core objective of delivering life changing service to our home health and hospice patients"
At Seaport our core values are:
Passion for Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
At Seaport, we believe that caring for the elderly or frail is the noblest of professions. Our team is trained and motivated to deliver superior clinical outcomes and high patient and family satisfaction. It is through our team’s dedication to deliver life changing service that we become the "provider of choice" in the community that we serve. A career with Seaport requires a commitment to making work fun and celebrating successes; delivering and holding each other to the highest standards of care and professionalism; continual learning; treating others as people whose interest matter as much as our own; being innovative while using good judgment. One other thing about our work culture; we know that in order for our patients to receive the care they deserve, we need to put our employees first.
We are pleased that you are considering a career with Seaport. If you believe that you are a fit for our team and also have the experience and credentials that we are looking for please review the job description, complete the online application and let’s talk!
I. JOB SUMMARY
The medical social worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
2. Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
3. Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
4. Provides information and referral services for Organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
5. Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
6. Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
7. Maintains collaborative relationships with Organization personnel to support patient care.
8. Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
9. Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences as required.
10. Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
11. Participates in discharge planning.
12. Other duties as delegated by the Director of Nursing /Supervisor.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. Graduate of a bachelor’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social
2. Minimum of one year's experience in health care.
3. Experience in a home health care preferred.
4. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
5. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position which provides medical social services to residents of a skilled nursing facility. A state license to practice social work is required.
Seaport Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.