Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ensign Services
Bridgestone Living is currently seeking a HR Generalist to service our assisted living facilities located in Idaho, Utah, Colorado and Texas. The HR Generalist serves as a human resources consultant to business leaders on employee-related issues.
This job will require up to 75% travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands human resources needs of assigned companies via regular communication with company leaders and analysis of company human resources data.
- Provides coaching and advice on issues involving employee relations, performance management and employment terminations. Prepares or edits employee performance or disciplinary documentation as needed or requested. The HR Resource offers employment decision recommendations, but does not have the authority to make employment decisions.
- Advises on the application of Federal and State labor and employment laws and policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Onboards Presidents, AITs, Executive Directors, Directors of Nursing Services, Wellness Directors, Resources (as assigned) of assigned companies.
- Assists Presidents and Directors of Clinical Services with performance reviews of their direct reports.
- Understands mandatory training requirements, identifies training/development needs of assigned companies and works with L&D team to develop and provide appropriate company-specific training.
- Assists assigned companies with implementation of Interactive program under the ADA.
- Analyzes human resources data and recommends and facilitates actions as needed.
- Investigates or oversees investigations of HR-related complaints.
- Facilitates all HR-processes associated with acquisitions of assigned companies.
- Assists with job description development.
- Creates or revises human resources policies, procedures and related documents/forms when necessary.
- Audits selected HR activities such as personnel files, FLSA or HR policies/processes periodically to determine consistency of administration and compliance.
- Processes Workday transactions, i.e., transfers and rehires.
- Trains new HR/PR reps on Workday, and HR Essentials
- Promotes, lives organizations core values and acts as cultural champion.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master’s degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field. Or,
- A Master’s degree in human resources or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
- Must be able to travel at least 75% of time.
- Must be able to independently develop own assignments/tasks/projects based on company HR-needs identified by the HR Resource or in collaboration with leaders or Director of Employee Relations.
- Must have knowledge of employment laws, both Federal and State
- Must possess coaching and advisory skills
- Must be able to conduct complete thorough investigation of alleged violations of company policy and successfully resolve conflict.
- Proficient in use of Workday, MyInnerview reporting, LMS, ComplyTrack, and Microsoft Office.
- Must possess professional written/oral communications.
- Must be able to conduct presentations and training.
Bridgestone Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.