Engineering Service Network (ESN)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Engineering Service Network (ESN)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1420784
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Work cooperatively in an integrated team environment supporting PEO LCS, PMS 420 and PMS 505, BUPERS, LCSRON, Personnel Support Activities and Detachments, Navy Manpower and Training organizations, and the Ships' Crewmembers.
- Represent organizational units on personnel matters.
- Recommend, interpret, and advise ships' crews on US Navy personnel policy and standard operating procedures with emphasis on Pre-commissioning-unique regulations and guidance.
- Act as crew's liaison on matters of personnel and finance with BUPERS, DFAS, PSD/PSA and LCSRON. Establish records and files, process official correspondence.
- Work in partnership with the local Personnel Support Detachment on various issues such as service record data upload and record verification, Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, and help to resolve personnel and pay issues; liquidate military travel claims and vouchers, calculating per diem entitlements and counseling military members on pay and DOD/DON travel policies; provide one-on-one and occasional group-oriented assistance to Navy crew in travel claim submission; process required documents for and assist with record entry for reenlistments, transfers, educational services and other duties as required to support crew readiness.
- Be responsible for technical functions and responsibilities, to include formatting and converting documents and files; setting up and maintaining filing and record retention systems; assisting with preparing mass-mailings, reports and memoranda.
- Monitor and report on TADTAR funding/Line of Accounting and Budgets utilizing the Defense Travel System, facilitate cost Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) orders and review travel claims; Process activity gains and losses, pay actions and maintenance of enlisted service records utilizing Transaction Online Processing Systems (TOPS).
- Submit metrics and status for inclusion in monthly contract deliverable reports.
Qualifications and Education:
- Prior PS or YN experience is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Navy ranks and ratings
- Experience in the following areas is an asset:
- Familiar with Navy detailing system
- Functional familiarization with the Billet Based Distribution Report
- BS/BA with 2 to 5 years
- MS/MA with 0 to 3 years
- 8 to 10 years with no degree
- ACTIVE DoD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Skills and Abilities:
- Receive, review and distribute Command correspondence and take appropriate action to staff responses. Maintain correspondence and serial logs.
- Assist in the develop baseline of ship's instructions, notices, and directives. These directives shall be prepared as required by Type Commander's policy to support crew certification milestones.
- Support development of department bills and instructions needed for crew certifications.
- Files and processes shall be drafted in accordance with the Navy Directives Manual.