Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Vocational Nurses
at Elizabeth Hospice
The Elizabeth Hospice is San Diego’s oldest non-profit hospice of 40 years. We are growing and looking for talented individuals to join our high performing team and support our mission. We serve all of San Diego county and south Riverside county with multiple hospice office locations.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life for those nearing the end of life’s journey and for those who grieve.
We place a high importance on our employees and reward staff in several ways such as:
• Competitive hospice industry compensation
• Benefits package with multiple plan offerings and generous employer contribution
• 401(k) Retirement plan with employer match
• Supportive work culture which encourages work life balance
• Substantial Paid Time Off, paid holidays & birthday benefit
• Employee development program managed by in-house education department to support individualized orientation and professional growth needs.
• Tuition Reimbursement program
• Monthly mileage reimbursement
• Employee Referral Program
• Business casual attire for office staff
The LVN provides professional nursing care under supervision of RN for assigned patients across the life span (perinatal, pediatrics, and adults) in patients’ homes or facilities according to established standards and practice. Participates as a team member of the clinical interdisciplinary team to ensure appropriate resources to all internal/external customers. Follows The Elizabeth Hospice rules, policies, procedures, applicable laws and standards addressed in the Compliance Program and is responsible for carrying out the mission, vision, values and quality commitment of The Elizabeth Hospice.
The Elizabeth Hospice has various Full Time LVN positions available. To view all our open positions, please visit our website at www.elizabethhospice.org.
- Assists RN in analyzing situations, anticipating problem areas and taking appropriate course of action.
- Evaluates the response of patient, relative to the expected outcomes in a safe and timely manner.
- Performs licensed nurse skills as stated in basic skills checklist, policies and procedures, standards of care, critical competencies based on scope of practice.
- Adheres to the direction provided by the RN on the plan of care for the patient.
- Responsible for delivering services under the supervision of the and in collaboration with the RN.
- Under the supervision of the RN, implements and documents teaching plan based on: mutually assessed needs of patient and family, in a timely manner, teaching strategy suitable for the learning ability and cultural background of the patient and family.
- Documents completely all care provided to patient including telephone interaction with other staff members. Charting standards are followed.
- Maintains timely patient documentation using “point of care” electronic charting.
- Enters or retrieves data from established computer files.
- Orients, instructs and trains assigned personnel.
- Performs Phlebotomy as needed.
- Provides support to agency in completion of assigned audit and other office duties as assigned.
Primary Service Locations: All of San Diego and south Riverside county.
Office Locations: Escondido, Mission Valley, Carlsbad, Temecula
- Vocational/Specialized Training
- Minimum experience of 6-12 months with preferred experience of 1-2 years in acute care setting, home health or hospice.
- Current California LVN license.
- Ability to answer phones, maintain patient charts, and schedule appointments.
- Ability to use calculator, computer and copy machines.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Current California driver’s license and proof of insurance required
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Current CPR/BLS Certification required.
- Current TB test results required.
- Current N95 Mask Certification required.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.”