Electro Rent Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Internal Auditor
at Electro Rent Corporation
- Los Angeles, CA Area
Global Director of Internal Audit
West Hills, CA
To continue to drive the Company’s growth and profitability, the Company seeks to attract an exceptional individual to take on the Senior Internal Auditor position. This individual will report directly to the Global Director of Internal Audit as part of the Finance & Accounting team.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for internal audits (compliance, operational, and financial) of all operations, supporting the external audit process, and working with Group Finance to mediate all internal control deficiencies. He / she will formalize policies, processes, and procedures for all critical financial areas, and will assist with establishing the company to be in a position for a SOX 404 environment. This role specifically will include the assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of the Electro Rent control environment across all functions and regions of Electro Rent and its affiliates/subsidiaries and providing value-add recommendations for improvement. This role will interface with leadership teams of our business units and may perform special projects as needed. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical ability, a strong understanding of financial accounting, strong communication and reporting writing skills, strong knowledge of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) as well as strong project management and conflict resolution skills.
In addition, the successful candidate will perform the following:
- Assist in establishing the company for a SOX 404 environment (e.g., ERP consolidation, GL implementation, order to Cash, etc.)
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits for the full audit cycle
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and document the results
- Perform walkthroughs for all processes and document the flow of information in a flowchart using MS Visio
- Assist management in the design and implementation of efficient and effective internal controls, operating efficiency and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping
- Review and appraise policies and procedures for compliance with established internal policies and procedures and external regulations as well as safeguarding of all assets
- Recommend changes and improvements to audit procedures or policies, operations and financials
- Perform periodic reviews of auditing processes and procedures for internal and external firms
- Summarize audit findings and recommendations based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, nonscheduled audits and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management
- Conduct follow up reviews of financial, operational or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention
- Serve as a liaison with outside auditors and regulatory examiners
- Prepare written and verbal reports of audit activities to be presented to the Audit Committee by the Global Director of Internal Audit
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 – 4 years of experience in audit role required
- Four-year degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred (can be inactive)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designations considered a plus
- Public accounting external audit experience in a nationally recognized firm (preferably Big 4) working on public companies preferred
- Public accounting internal audit experience in a nationally recognized firm (preferably Big 4) working on the implementation of SOX 404 would also be considered
- Strong ethical conduct and business acumen
- Strong data analysis, analytical and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of professional auditing standards (IIA and AICPA)
- Exhibits a significant level of tact and diplomacy in addition to normal courtesy
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex financial and accounting issues
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of industry trends and practices in the areas of audit, compliance and risk management
- Maintains strong knowledge of MS Word, Power Point, Excel and Visio and have the aptitude to easily learn financial software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; work will require extensive personal contact with others
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities concurrently and complete projects on schedule with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure, deliver results, achieve timely goals, set appropriate priorities and maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally (20-30%)
All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs
- Regularly sit at the assigned workstation.
- Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer.
- Read documents, reports, file, etc.
- Communicate effectively using the telephone.
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With 1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing.