Duke Realty Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Manager, Maintenance Operations-Logistic Real Estate
at Duke Realty Corporation
Duke Realty, the largest pure-play, domestic only, logistics REIT in the United States, with best-in-class warehouse/distribution properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Manager of Maintenance Operations to join California team based in Irvine, CA. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. This position will be responsible for the overseeing maintenance operations and contracts for western markets to include: Southern California, Northern California, Seattle, Dallas, Houston and St. Louis. Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitor the third party maintenance provider’s performance in accordance with company standards, budget and quality of work. Provides tech performance updates, verification of adherence to Duke’s procedures, monitoring scorecard metrics, SOP updates, property life safety documentation for an assigned region, regular building inspections, review 3rd party labor budgets and variance reports, responding to regional property emergencies (i.e., storm damage response, etc.) and serving as a subject matter expert to the third- party maintenance provider.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential acquisitions / Dispositions when requested by SVP Maintenance or Acquisition / Disposition team. Evaluate potential regional acquisitions/dispositions when requested including: managing various consultants, pricing deficiencies, on-site visits, reviewing property documents and drawings, determining property adherence to government ordinances, inspecting tenant spaces, evaluating usage implications (i.e., chemical storage, etc.), evaluating building systems (i.e., conditions of the roof, HVAC, concrete slab, etc.) for local and regional decision-makers.
- Provide collaborative insight to the regional property management team for the effective execution of regional capital projects with RAM’s/VP-AMs and Sr. VP-Leasing.
- Provide oversight of the Duke provided maintenance work order system, periodic review of preventative maintenance, setting standards, evaluating efficiencies and making changes for continued improvement
- Provide subject matter expertise and consulting services to RAM’s/VP-AMs and Sr. VP-Leasing to ensure all life safety systems inspections and tests meet NFPA requirements on Duke maintained properties and facility related concerns.
- Assist management in the identification, assessment, project management resulting from all major events that require remediation including catastrophes such as (flood, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, mold insurance claims, etc.)
- Complete on-boarding for all new buildings within designated region, including: punch list walks, pre-construction input, drawing review, warranty oversight, commissioning, transition to property management & maintenance, new building SOP creation, setup in various maintenance systems ,tech assignment/allocation input, add building to third party maintenance contact, making sure the building systems are setup in Dream, 9 month construction walks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
- 7 years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of building systems. A minimum of 5 years overseeing contracts required
- Associate Degree or higher, and/or trade experience in electrical, mechanical, hvac, or plumbing reqired
- Travel Required. Approximately 30 percent
- Experience working in California market required
- Construction experience strongly desired
- Understanding of Life Safety Standards required
- BOMA Certification as either a Facility Management Administrator or Real Property Administrator strongly desired.
- Possess initiative and effective organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain rapports and interact with various levels of professionals
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Strong communication skills
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program.