DS Services of America, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DS Services of America, Inc
Job TitleProduction Supervisor
Overview of the Production Supervisor
This position is responsible for managing all production associate activities as well as provides production line support.
- Set daily workload schedules that will efficiently manage the department while working closely with all internal departments to ensure all product and equipment needs are met on time.
- Maintain and inventory all parts, supplies and equipment used in all aspects of the position's responsibility.
- Complete daily/period end cycle counts and maintain an accurate inventory.
- Responsible for start-up, safe operation, change over, shut down and preventative maintenance of assigned production equipment; equipment may include, but not limited to, production line equipment, forklifts or other power equipment
- Verify accuracy of work (i.e. QA line checks, verification of load-in/load-out accuracy)
- Provide general plant and facility clean up (5S).
- Ensure plant and facility operations are in compliance with all governmental, safety and environmental regulations
- Report production activity and results daily/weekly/monthly to Production Manager and Leadership team.
- Select, hire, and train associates to operate and maintain all equipment ensuring safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Flexibility to work weekends may be required
- BA/BS preferred and three years supervision experience, preferably in a production environment
- Experience and working knowledge of production equipment, scheduling and inventory control.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, teambuilding skills.
- Ability to understand and comply with all QA testing required of position
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of times.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.