DS Services of America, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Mechanic Supervisor
at DS Services of America, Inc
Job TitleProduction Mechanic Supervisor
Overview of the Production Mechanic Supervisor position
This position is responsible for the supervision of maintenance associates to ensure that preventative maintenance and repair on all plant equipment are completed as per company policy and manufacturer specifications.
- Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff.
- Evaluate incoming work notifications, prioritize and ensure that all scheduled work orders are completed in the allocated time.
- Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness.
- Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment.
- Assist with the implementation of capital projects.
- Provide fast and efficient response for emergency breakdowns and service calls.
- Communicate status of preventative maintenance work orders and other assignments to production manager and manufacturing support team.
- Facilitate and lead on-the-job and safety training for the maintenance team.
- Supervise contractors and vendors while performing work for the maintenance department on company property.
- Ensure compliance will all required federal and state regulations to ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in an effective and timely manner.
- Report mandated safety, quality, productivity and efficiency results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required with engineering and technical training certification.
- Ten (10) of production equipment maintenance experience, preferably in food and beverage environment. Three to five years industrial maintenance supervision experience.
- Extensive knowledge in the mechanical and electrical aspects of beverage production.
- Familiar with water processing, regulatory requirements and preventive maintenance programs.
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics and programmable controls (PLC; Program Logic Controls).
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Willing and flexible to work shifts as and when required.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.