DS Services of America, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DS Services of America, Inc
Job TitleFleet Mechanic
Overview of the Fleet Mechanic position
This position is responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of fleet vehicles and equipment as assigned.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all fleet vehicles within assigned DS Services locations.
- Respond to field service calls.
- Assist in ordering mechanical components, services and parts.
- Perform and document all phases of vehicle maintenance and repair, including diagnostics.
- Maintain communication with drivers and management regarding maintenance and service of vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain a unit history file for each vehicle.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with both diesel /propane vehicles and air brake systems.
- Engine and Chassis Diagnostic software experience.
- Focus on safe work practices and high quality while executing duties under minimal supervision.
- Accurately record all maintenance activity on Company documentation.
- Interactions with vehicle maintenance tracking software, work orders, and inventory management.
- Work Flow -- Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) and US DOT requirements for commercial vehicles.
- Perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift parts and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must have own set of personal tools.
- Ability to meet Department of Transportation (DOT) driver qualification policy requirements.
- CDL preferred; ability to obtain within six (6) months of entering the position.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.