DNV GL Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SCADA - Project Team Member
at DNV GL Group
- Requisition ID
- Business Area
Local Unit & Position Description
Are you interested in being part of the green global energy transition? Do you want to love what you do for a living? Do you consider yourself passionate and customer-focused? Are you looking to be part of a Start-Up team living within an established global group? At GreenPowerMonitor you have it all! Additionally, we have fun providing cutting-edge technology solutions for the renewable energy industry. Join us as we support the energy transition to a safer, smarter and greener future!
DNV GL – Energy’s GreenPowerMonitor group is seeking a SCADA Project Team Member to join our team.
At GreenPowerMonitor we are a global technology solutions provider for the renewable energy industry. The SCADA Project Team Member is part of the Project Execution team responsible to deliver everything for our projects starting after receipt of the purchase order all the way up to final acceptance from the customer.
This position may be located out of our San Jose, CA office, remote work will be considered
Tasks May Include
- Working as a Project Team Member in a SCADA project to accomplish a successful project deployment from the moment the Purchase Order is received through the point of final customer acceptance.
- Analyzing and interpreting layouts of renewable energy plants, engineering drawings and technical specification sheets.
- Generating configuration files, user interface configurations, customer communications, CAD drawings, and additional project documentation.
- Improving and configuring the data acquisition system to ensure the maximum quality and availability, both hardware and software.
- Occasionally preparing hardware for customer delivery.
- Travel to project sites, company offices, or clients occasionally (~15%)
- Generating single line diagrams for the SCADA solution.
- Supporting and helping the team to reach the schedules for deliveries.
- Supporting the commissioning of the SCADA solution.
- Configuration of the GPM software platform.
- Understanding the project timeline and contributing to its timely success.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in engineering, telecommunications, renewables, management information systems, computer science, physics or mathematics field.
- 2 years’ experience within the renewable energy industry or renewable energy taught course modules, including knowledge of how wind and photovoltaic plants work is preferred
- Basic knowledge in RS485/Modbus and Ethernet communications protocols. Knowledge in DNP3, IEC 104, OPC and others are desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a high pressure, customer centric environment while delivering high quality work.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a team member in projects and achieve the results on time.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate with the customer.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, including a willingness to take on challenges and responsibilities.
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD.
- General knowledge of networking and command line interfaces of Windows or Linux.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10 % of the time
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.