Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager, Higher Education
at DLR Group
Project Manager, Higher Education
The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Project Manager in our Higher Education Sector.
- Sacramento, CA
As a Higher Education Sector Project Manager at DLR Group you will be responsible for leading projects on budget and schedule while delivering design excellence. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative thought leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
You'll provide hands-on supervision to design staff during all phases of the project as well as partner with clients, vendors and consultants as needed and internal partners. Additionally, you will collaborate with the Northern California Higher Education Sector team to interview in front of clients to win work.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to handle complex design projects of the largest magnitude.
- Develop project Work Plans (schedule, budget, cartoon set) for project success.
- Be responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Serve as primary liaison contact with clients to bring projects to completion on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on the most complex projects.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work of less experienced project managers
- At least 10 years of experience in the AEC industry.
- Experience in the Higher Education Sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project for project scheduling, and Excel for budgeting and fee proposals.
- Proficient in Revit
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign desirable
- Higher Education Sector portfolio
- Must be willing to travel as projects or tasks require.
- Must have a collaborative management style and strong people skills.
- Must have good communication and public speaking skills to participate in interviews and client presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Interior Design from an accredited program.
- Five years project management experience in the Education sector.
- Certification/License preferred.
- Some knowledge and use of Revit or other design software.
- Experience managing Corporate and Hospitality projects.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.