Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineering Agile/Scrum Master – Manager
Agile/Scrum Master – Manager
As an Agile/Scrum Master-Manager you're focused in estimating work effort, planning sprint backlogs, facilitating daily scrums, and conducting sprint demo & retrospective meetings throughout all Agile sprint phases for custom software development projects. Must understand and execute on backlog items by working closely with the Product Owners and the distributed project teams, making sure deliverables reflect requirements, on-time with production quality. You'll play a key role in resolving business and team conflicts. Must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding gaps and ensuring Product Owner involvement in business decisions and description of the business flow.
Work you'll do
The Scrum Master role involves understanding the Agile processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams, and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget.
- Forecast sprint iterations with the Product Owners and concerned business partners
- Coach individuals in Agile processes and tools
- Help teams to clarify goals and activities to be on-track
- Keep the teams focused - shield the team from outside distractions and interferences
- Ensure the correct use of scrum process
- Monitor and eliminate team conflicts
- Conduct sprint Demo and Retrospective
- Manage entire work streams
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Systems Engineering specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Engineering practice.
Agile/Scrum Master-Senior Consultants are required to have:
- 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience managing and delivering large scale custom development or systems integration projects using Agile delivery methodology;
- Minimum of 4 years working in an Agile environment as a Scrum Master;
- Should have small team leadership experience with the ability to earn trust while still challenging the team to improve and operate outside its comfort zone in an Agile environment;
- Intimate knowledge of Agile and Scrum with proven experience coaching, mentoring and teaching junior Agile practitioners;
- Experience participating in and facilitating discussions to discover solutions, capturing and transforming business and technology requirements into high-quality User Stories and Acceptance criteria;
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with demonstrated experience exercising mature judgment in delicate situations;
- Must be proficient with Agile Lifecycle Management tools (e.g., Jira, Rally, VersionOne, etc.) as well as with Internet research tools, presentation tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience;
- Experience facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos;
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile scrum development & testing practices;
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM or SSM);
- SAFe certification is strongly preferred;
- A willingness to travel 80-100% of the time;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
In addition, successful Scrum Master-Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Project Management Certification – PMP;
- Experience managing work planning, monitoring, and reporting;
- Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting requirements;
- Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes;
- Experience with industry standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies;
- Ability to work independently and on teams, planning and managing multiple assignments;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- An advanced degree in an area of specialization is a plus.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.