Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Crane Aerospace & Electronics
|Location:||CA, Los Angeles|
CA, Los Angeles
CA, Los Angeles
Sitelink Req No.:
Job Title: Applications Engineer
Reports To: Project Manager- Transportation Vertical Market
Provide the first level technical/application support for Barksdale products used in heavy duty commercial vehicle customers on their suspension systems. Develop technical documentation and presentations for both pre and post-sales technical support, as required. Travel to customer sites for technical and sales support
He or she is responsible for documentation, customer technical/sales support, and running minor projects (such as product testing, application/product trouble shooting, etc) pertinent to the Transportation product line.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Assist customers with the application of Barksdale products that best meet their requirements, including product selection to address their specific applications
- Establish personal rapport with potential and current customers
- Participate in the development of Application Notes, Data Sheets, Product Manuals and other technical literature in coordination with the Technical Publications, Engineering and Product Management organizations
- Coordinate the building, documentation and shipping of prototypes for customer evaluation. Upon acceptance of prototypes, coordinate product releases of new models to production
- Review and resolve discrepancies in Bill of Materials, Assembly / Sales Drawings, etc
- Assist Project Engineer in reviewing and generating ‘redlined drawings’ before submitting to internal document release system.
- Generate costed BOMs and quotes. Work with suppliers as needed.
- Run minor customer / product projects to enable business growth - creating and managing Action Plans when needed
- Design, setup and run tests to validate design specifications and applications suitability
- Problem solving / root cause analysis
- Work collaboratively to provide engineered solutions for process improvements
- Address Quality issues (customer communication, trouble-shoot issues, etc)
- Assisting Production team in implementing changes / new product builds – as needed
The preceding functions are examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
- B.S Degree in Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of good engineering practices and basic design principles (bill of materials, reading engineering drawings, etc)
- Ability to use CAD Software (SolidWorks desirable) with drafting skills preferred
- Customer interface experience - effective verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive multiple tasks / project to completion
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 20%
- Must be self-motivated and manage time well
- Attention to detail and having a sense of urgency is critical
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, etc)
This position offers a Full Benefits Package including: 401k with employer contribution, personal time off, holiday pay, health and dental insurance, company paid life, short and long term disability insurance. Competitive compensation. A fast paced work environment working with a great passionate team where you can personally impact growth.