City of Sacramento (CA)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Aide (MULTIPLE PROGRAMS)
at City of Sacramento (CA)
- THE POSITION
- THIS POSTING IS USED TO FILL VACANCIES IN MULTIPLE PROGRAMS.REFER TO SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR MORE INFORMATION.
On a seasonal and/or part-time basis, lead and/or monitor a variety of recreation activities at a facility or for a special event.
Employees in this classification are non-career. Incumbents can work up to 1040 hours per year.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Immediate supervision is provided by a higher level position. Recreation Aides may provide direction to volunteers and/or youth aides.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership in various City leagues, contests, and tournaments.
- Lead and/or monitor various activities in arts and crafts, sports, games, and simple dramatics.
- Promote neighborhood and community recreation events.
- Request, issue, and monitor the return of playground and athletic equipment; check equipment for proper care and use.
- Inspect playground equipment and apparatus; recommend replacement or repair as needed.
- Compile simple written records related to assigned programs or facility.
- Open and close recreational facilities; monitor facility use; prepare and set up facilities for recreational use.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Basic first aid and safety practices.
- Read, write, and speak the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
- Lead a variety of recreation activities.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience: None required.
Minimum Age: 16 years of age
- THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline (Open/Continuous);
- Employment applications must be submitted online; paper applications will not be accepted.
- Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified:
- If applicants do not list current and past job-related experience in the "Work Experience" section. Note: Qualifying experience is based on 40 hours per week (pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week).
- If "see resume" is noted in the "Work Experience" section; a resume will not substitute for the information required in the "Work Experience" section.
- Supplemental documents such as resume, cover letter, and proof of education are highly preferred and recommended at the time of application submission. Documents should be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office in person, as attachment(s) via online with the employment application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX to (196) 596-1556, or by mail. If submitting in person, by mail or via FAX, please include your name and Recruitment #009039-19-YPCE-4 on your documents.
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) – In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline;
- Responses to the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted online; paper questionnaire will not be accepted.
- Incomplete supplemental questionnaire will not pass the review process; omitted information cannot be considered or assumed.
- A resume will not substitute for the information required in the supplemental questionnaire.
3. Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail)– Human Resources will forward employment applications of individuals who submitted all the required documents (i.e. City of Sacramento Application and Supplemental Questionnaire) to the hiring department.
4. Hiring Interview: Those candidates determined to be the MOST QUALIFIED will be invited to participate in an interview process coordinated by the hiring department. There will be no eligible list established, as positions will be seasonal and/or part-time. A hiring interview is not guaranteed.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer or hire, the candidates will go through the process of certification, finger print/background clearance and medical clearance.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
- Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/Home/ApplicationGuide for a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the application process.
- For technical support between 6 AM - 5 PM PT, contact Live Application Support at 855-524-5627.
- Visit the City of Sacramento Human Resources Department website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities;
- Send an email to email@example.com;
- Call the Human Resources Department at (916) 808-5726; or
- Visit the Human Resources Department at Historic City Hall, 915 I Street, Plaza Level, Sacramento, CA 95814.