City National Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Technologies - Technical Project Manager Lead, Platforms
at City National Bank
The Digital Technologies ("DT") group is looking for a Technical Project Manager Lead; this role requires someone who is technically savvy and results driven who can direct development teams in a complex technology environment. The Tech PM Lead will need to be able to function in a variety of delivery roles as needed: Technical Project Manager, Business Analyst, and Scrum Master -- just to name a few. A person who can evangelize and implement agile principles and drive continuous delivery through effective communication, collaboration and thoughtful leadership.
You have strong knowledge in a variety of areas and are an expert in a few of them. You will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence team members and engineering technical leads across many projects and departmental boundaries. You will organize and plan projects from start to finish with other technical, product, and business leads as needed. Additionally, you should not be afraid to get your hands dirty leading brainstorming sessions, backlog grooming, writing documentation, rallying the troops to troubleshoot issues, looking at metrics and deciding how to scale and accelerate product delivery. At its core, this role requires excellent problem solving skills. You will be mentor, teach, and guide others as we strive to develop successful independent teams that solve problems in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Deliver projects and products into production using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, and Engineering Leads to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into actionable development artifacts
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process -- prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the delivery organization
- Build and maintain motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
- Coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
- Partner with Quality Assurance to ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Actively participating in the CNB and broader delivery community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practices
- Represent team management as needed when it comes to incidents, technical direction, and planning
- Work with our external vendors, service providers, and partners on appropriate solutions for achieving operational excellence
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the development and support of our applications and services and to the streamlining of the delivery process
- Encourage and motivate the delivery organization and protect it from external distractions so team members are able to focus on what they are best at
- Research and recommend the latest tools, evolving methods, and industry techniques to achieve optimal results
- Matrix-managing multidisciplinary teams
- Gather requirements, fine-tune user stories, and create technical specifications in conjunction with Product to create deliverables for engineering teams
- When required, work extended hours at times under considerable pressure, including holidays and weekends if necessary to ensure operational compliance with City National Bank service level agreements
- Handle outward facing tasks and may include things like financial tracking, hiring, stakeholder relationships (supporting the product owner), reporting to the wider CNB organization and anything else that no one else is doing, but is necessary to support the team's delivering value.
7+ years of experience working in technical delivery of software products
5+ years of Project Management experience
5+ years of Agile experience (Kanban and Scrum)
3+ years of Business Analysis experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven track of leading and driving projects, teams and initiatives
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert level analytical abilities relating to business and systems/processes
- Expert level experience with Agile product development life cycle - Scrum certification required
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to synthesize technical data for non-technical audiences
- An unwavering passion for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement
- Proactive, strong minded, quick thinker and assertive
- Leading, mentoring, and guiding best practices for the Delivery team
- Must be a self-starter with ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Banking or Financial industry background preferred
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
555 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, California 90071