Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Field Manager
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleConstruction Field Manager
Looking for candidate able and willing to work projects in US mainland, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Island and other US territories.
Candidate will be the primary client contact for all project field activities onsite. Must ensure all construction is in compliance with design specifications, is completed on schedule, adheres to budget, meets accounting requirements and is built to quality standards.
Safety training and experience required. The CM will also function as the SSHO lead on the job.
Quality Control experience/training a plus. The CM may also function as the QCM on the job.
Implements the construction portion of the assigned project through day-to-day direction of all field activities and is responsible for all job site activities. Ensures timely and efficient execution of field work. Is the primary client contact for all project field activities. Ensures all construction is in compliance with design specifications, is completed on schedule, adheres to budget, meets accounting requirements and is built to quality standards. Functions as a field manager on an engineering/procurement/construction management project. Develops project metrics and daily burn rates. Manages site resources. Manages SOW by identifying change conditions. Instrumental in developing and adhering to execution plan.
- Candidates must be able to manage projects ($5M-$25), from Pre-Construction to completion.
- Ideal candidates must understand commercial design-build projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of drawings and specifications, materials, constructability issues, schedules, and management of the onsite workforce.
- Ideal candidates should be able to create a motivated workforce, develop cooperative subcontractor relationships, and create long-term client relationships.
- Superintendents must effectively manage the project and be able to communicate clearly with subcontractors, onsite employees, the Project Manager, and Project Executives.
- Strong organization, judgment, multi-tasking and decision-making abilities
- Proficiency in construction management and scheduling software
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client/consultant/internal relationships
- Effective oral and written communication skills are necessary
- Prepare and negotiate cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables
- Select appropriate construction methods and strategies
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information to workers and other professionals
- Report on work progress and budget matters to clients
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists
- Instruct and supervise construction personnel and activities onsite
- Respond to work delays and other problems and emergencies
- Select, hire, and instruct laborers and subcontractors
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Minimum of 10 years of exp. in a Superintendent position for commercial projects contractor in a Superintendent, Project Engineer, or other relative position.
- Technical training or Bachelor degree in Construction Mgmt., Engineering or Architecture is highly desirable
The Construction Manager serves is responsible for organizing, directing, supervising and coordinating construction activities at a job site as directed by the PM. Responsibilities include: work procedures, scheduling, cost control, project specification conformity, review of manpower levels, monitoring and implementation of safety programs, project conformance to national, local and/or company building codes and the maintenance of accurate records.
- Responsible for the satisfactory conduct of construction operations and task accomplishment in their area in an economical, efficient and timely manner on a project. Monitors craft performance relative to budget, schedules and deadlines. Implements and enforces work rules. Requisitions tools, materials and equipment in accordance with established procedures and necessary lead times. Prepares and reviews plans, specifications, and drawings and schedules to coordinate work phases and work priorities in their assigned area/task. Recommends solutions to construction and architectural discrepancies.
- Facilitates the efficient use of personnel and equipment in their area. Coordinates movement and use of equipment and supplies with procurement. Inspects field work to evaluate construction progress, efficiency of operation and cost control. Responsible for overall project workmanship and goal attainment.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. Must adhere to the execution plan, enforce Construction policies and procedures, follow safe work practices, provide periodic reports, and communicate any problems to chain of command management immediately.