CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Central Services, Tech
at CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Part-Time 1
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous research centers in the U.S. and Korea including a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
Ability required to decontaminate, prepare, sterilize and dispense supplies and equipment throughout the Medical Center. Includes ability to handle and sterilize contaminated instruments, pans, trays, etc. Ability to operate a steam sterilizer, gas sterilizer, washer sterilizer and sonic. Ability to assemble, wrap and sterilize materials. Includes knowledge of instruments and instruments handling. May also assemble traction equipment.
• Demonstrates knowledge of age specific care, including but not limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures, physiological normal values/readings; and assessing skin integrity, behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place patients at risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise, understandable manner. Applicable for the populations checked below: Infant (x) Pediatric (x) Adult (x) Geriatric (x).
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, staff meetings, in-services/workshops and successful completion and maintenance of required certifications.
• Collect used equipment, decontaminate and clean reusable items.
• Prepare items for sterilization.
• Sterilize prepared items.
• Complete sterilization Quality Assurance tests and documentation.
• Maintain integrity of sterilized items.
• Deliver processed items to designed areas, correctly clean, test, and dispense patient care equipment.
• Maintain safety procedures.
• Correctly operate, clean and maintain processing equipment.
• Correctly assemble case carts, CPR carts and other procedure carts to specifications.
• Maintain processing supply inventory.
• Clean shelves, carts, tables, sinks and counter tops.
• Fill requisitions and phone orders accurately and completely.
• Complete phone logs and other duties as assigned.
• Prioritize order filling and delivery responses.
• Performs daily Biological and Bowie Deck tests.
• Perform daily and weekly cleaning of work surfaces, sterilizers and aerators.
• Complete direct patient charges.
• Deliver sterile supplies/case cart/trays and sets at the required time.
Other Position Accountabilities:
• Maintain communication within the shift.
• Give input to, or write report in communication log of shift activities and work progress.
• Give oral report to and make rounds with the next shift personnel.
• Read communication log, bulletin board and schedule before starting shift assignment.
• Maintain special records, traction, CPR, trays and patient care equipment.
• All other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 1 year experience in a progressive hospital Central Service Department.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Current Certified Central Service Technician status preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of a Central Technician course preferred.
- Fire Card
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.