Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Catapult Learning
- Job ID
- Full-Time / Part-Time
- Regular / Temporary
We are currently seeking a Mental Health Therapist to provide individual therapy, crisis intervention, and emotional and behavior support to students in a special education program.
Sierra School Extension provides special education and therapeutic services for students classified with Specific Learning Disabilities and Severe Emotional Disturbances in grades 8-12+. With a student population of approximately 100, class sizes are small, and teamwork is an essential element leading to the success of the school.
Provide individual and group counseling services
Update IEP social/emotional goals
Provide crisis intervention support
Collaborate with classroom staff to coordinate support efforts
Provide regular school to home contact
- Work with practicum students in conducting clinical groups
- Establish and maintain contact with probation officers, therapists, and other individuals involved
- Maintain contact with reps from districts that you are assigned. Inform if student is doing well
(facilitate transition meetings as needed), not coming to school (or on hold), moving, in jail—any
major change. Important to keep them in the loop on how we are handling situations and invite
them to any meetings. This is important for PR—the better we can accommodate them, the
happier they are.
- Check-in medication when it is turned into school.
- Monitor for med changes and report to parents, therapists, or PO’s if problems arise
- Provide staff with community resources and referrals to address student or classroom needs
- Provide staff with encouragement and positive feedback to heighten morale
- Attend court hearings or fax behavioral/academic summary to PO prior to student’s court appearance if clinician is unable to attend
Candidates should hold a Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work.