Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Steward for Banquet Set-Up ("Encargado de Utencilios para Eventos")
at Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa
Ensures that all Banquet Functions are well and timely stocked with chinaware, glassware, flatware and hollowware by gathering equipment from the Stewarding Department. Provides a highest level of professionalism and gracious service to our guests and internal clients. Assists the stewarding personnel in adhering to the hotel's standards of cleanliness and quality. Controls and inventories equipment and ensures proper techniques are used in the distribution and storage so as to minimize breakage and/or damage, including Evans Garage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Projects professionalism and courtesy to our guests and associates.
- Serves as a leader for employees while fostering teamwork, high employee morale, motivation and open communication.
- Ensures the kitchens and their related equipment and areas are maintained at the highest possible level of cleanliness and sanitation as prescribed by the Health Department as well as the hotel standards.
- Coaches and directs employees to achieve department goals.
- Liaises with other operating departments to guarantee quality of services rendered.
- Liaises with kitchen and ensures proper techniques are used in the distribution of prepared food for events, including transportation of food and equipment to Evans Garage.
- Maintains all stewarding storerooms.
- Assist with safety and emergency procedures.
- Undertakes other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager and/or Director of Food & Beverage.
- Six months related experience
- Flexible Schedule
- Lenguages Skills, ability to read and interpret documents such as BEO's and Operating Instructions. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- CA Food Handlers Certification Required
- English/Spanish is a plus