Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Mechanic 3Rd Shift
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a third shift Maintenance Mechanic at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant reporting to the Maintenance Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring that all machinery, equipment, delivery systems, support systems and fabrication of items essential to the manufacturing product(s) for internal and external customers is maintained and operating to meet optimum efficiency. The Maintenance Mechanic will communicate daily with Department Managers and the Maintenance Manager to coordinate production schedules with mechanical repairs.
- Maintain efficient and safe operation of equipment and building; including fixing, repairing, troubleshooting and installing mechanical devices, components and machinery
- Perform building maintenance;
- Respond to production line calls;
- Debug and troubleshoot mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems;
- Pre-check, inspect, relocate, install and/or make major mechanical repairs to machinery and equipment;
- Must be very knowledgeable of the purchase order system and the parts needed to prevent disruptions to operations;
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements and Experience
- High school education or GED;
- 2-3 years of technical training;
- 3-5 years of manufacturing maintenance experience;
- Must be a certified forklift and scissor lift operator;
- Must have the ability to repair production equipment in the plant with little or no supervisor;
- Must be able to read and interpret complicated drawings, using advanced shop math, and handbook formulas;
- Must have the ability to weld, cut steel, braze, solder, fabricate machinery and parts, basic plumbing and some electrical skills;
- Must have the ability to recognize mechanical problems before a breakdown through an established preventative maintenance program and report conditions encountered that may affect the operation of the equipment at its optimum efficiency;
- Must have the ability to fabricate any mechanical assembly, install the equipment and make it operational;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and computers;
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, holidays, weekends, and call-in with little notice;
- Must possess a wide variety of personally owned electrical hand tools.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.