Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Carollo Engineers is a nationally recognized environmental engineering firm that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are seeking a Structural Engineer to join our team in Sacramento, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform detailed structural design for water and wastewater treatment facilities by working with other project team members to understand and integrate their requirements into the structural design, coordinating design details between various project design disciplines
- Prepare reports
- Develop plans and specifications
- Prepare cost estimates for various water and wastewater projects
- Preparation of technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables
- Provide engineering services during construction
- Demonstrated ability in design of concrete and steel structures and foundations
- Advanced knowledge of Structural design codes and standards including
- Preparation of construction drawings
- Application of engineering principles including critical thinking, analysis, and innovative techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and project team
- Highly motivated, articulate, and self-starting
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis
- Minimum of 8 years of professional job experience, preferably in the design of water and wastewater treatment structures
- Structural engineering design and detailing skills
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification
- Registration as a Professional or Structural Engineer
- Preferred education includes a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering
- Experience with Microstation or AutoCAD
Carollo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender Identity, ethnicity, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered in a manner that is consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and/or any other similar ordinances as required.