Career Systems Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On Call Security Officer
at Career Systems Development Corporation
- Job ID
- Schedule Hours
- Hours will vary
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The On Call Security Officer is responsible for enforcing all laws, rules and policies authorized by the Safety and Security Department.
- Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values, company operating principles, Career Success Standards.
- Assists students in adjusting to Center life to enhance student retention by providing supervision, behavior modification, counseling, and by acting as a positive role model and mentor.
- Ensures that student needs are met in a timely professional manner with the highest degree of customer service in mind.
- Adheres to all Policy and Requirements Handbook and Career Systems Development Corporation policies and procedures, and the Center Operating Procedures.
- Prepares reports and forms and documents in Center Information Systems case notes and files observations of student’s behavior, performance, notable information or events, and progress towards achieving goals and objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality, but reports significant events or situations immediately through approved channels to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of students and staff, and to ensure that required reporting occurs, and that students receive emergency services as needed.
- Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to students in the event of injury, illness, or emotional trauma.
- Meets individually with student assigned to their area responsibility at a minimum of once each month documenting the meetings in case notes.
- Ensures equipment and assigned work areas are clean and maintained in accordance with Center, Career Systems Development, and Department of Labor standards, including conducting quarterly property counts, submitting property relocation requests, may serve as a property custodian, and submits maintenance requests as needed.
- Enforces all laws, rules and regulations. Enforces the Zero Tolerance Policy and reports violations immediately to supervisor and/or duty officer.
- Patrols assigned areas and remains alert for disturbances, fires, safety hazards, traffic violators, suspicious acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions.
- Performs building security and safety checks and inspections.
- Maintains harmonious relationships with local law enforcement agencies
Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. Model company Core Values.
Preferred: Minimum plus three to six months experience in a security or work-related capacity preferred.
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of crowd control techniques preferred. Knowledge of law enforcement procedures preferred. Ability to obtain a State driver’s license. Ability to obtain a bus driver’s license. Must maintain Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/First Aid Certification. Familiarity with problems of underprivileged, minority groups, especially youth. Good writing skills. Excellent communication skills.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact a Representative at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.