Career Systems Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Career Systems Development Corporation
- Job ID
- Schedule Hours
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Schedule Days
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing facility maintenance / general upkeep duties in various highly skilled trade areas.
- Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles
- Performs necessary skilled work in more than one area of plumbing, hot water heating (boiler) systems, carpentry, cafeteria equipment repair and other skill trade areas as needed
- Performs carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures, and performs minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counter, work benches, etc. Uses precision hand tools and power tools.
- Performs plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning work in repairing or replacing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities and any other work pertaining to heating, air-conditioning and plumbing facilities that doesn’t required a certified technician to perform.
- Performs electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring and any other work pertaining to electrical facilities that doesn’t require a certified technician to perform.
- Ability to read and work from blueprint specifications.
- Adheres to all PRH, PAG, CDSS and CSDC policies and procedures, and the Center’s Operating Procedures
Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. Three years experience in the respective fields of electrical, heating, refrigeration, mechanical and carpentry work and must have certification in one or more of the major areas of construction trades: Electrical, HVAC, Hot Water Heating (Boiler), Mechanical, etc..
Must possess a valid California State driver’s license. Ability to obtain a commercial driver’s license if required. Ability to operate power and hand tools. Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, building maintenance & construction fields. Ability to read and interpret schematics. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact a Representative at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.