Capitol Autism Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Capitol Autism Services
# of Openings:
Reports to: BCBA/Licensed Mental Health Professional/ Consultant
Work Site: Capitol Autism Services
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $14 - $22 per hour
Under the supervision of the BCBA/Licensed Mental Health Professional/Consultant, the Tutor/Paraprofessional provides direct 1:1 services as part of a treatment team providing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Essential functions may include but are not limited to:
1. Implementation of behavior/treatment plans/program curriculum utilizing ABA principles and teaching strategies
a. Implements behavior/treatment plans/program curriculum as developed by BCBA/Licensed Mental Health Professional/Consultant
b. Behavior/treatment plans/program curriculum may include instruction in:
i. Functional adaptive skills
ii. Decreasing problem behavior
iii. Play/social skills
v. Community/safety skills
2. Provides direct 1:1 instruction to client implementing all recommended behavior/treatment plans/program curriculum
3. Complete documentation of client progress as required by BCBA/Licensed Mental Health Professional/Consultant
a. Record accurate data on all behavior/treatment plans.
b. Document through data collection client behavior during scheduled training session
4. Adheres to Capitol Autism Services Policies and Procedures
- Must pass Department of Justice fingerprint screens
- Must provide proof of a negative TB test or chest x-ray
- Ability to provide proof of immunization or immunity to MMR and Varicella. Recommended but not required is Hep B and Pertussis.
- Ability to obtain RBT credential within 90 days of hire and maintain credential through duration of employment.
- Ability to read and write the English language
- Ability to legibly/accurately record and maintain data
- Ability to maintain composure under stress, take direction, and remain flexible
- Ability to complete online CPR and First Aid course
- Current California driver’s license; proof of valid vehicle insurance; able to travel within a 50 mile radius from home
- This position requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, visual acuity, and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- High school diploma or completion of general education (GED) certificate
- Experience in working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder is preferred
BENEFITS (If working more than 30 hours per week):
- Medical, dental, basic life insurance and AD&D, and 401(k)
- Voluntary life insurance, vision, and AFLAC
- Paid time off (PTO)