Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Are you customer focused, have a passion for people and like to have fun? Our Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance service requests for the community. They are customer focused and team players who take pride in the work they perform which may also include make-readies, groundskeeping, pool maintenance and preventative maintenance, etc. Camden Maintenance Technicians are experts in customer service who are able to understand and anticipate our customers’ needs to create exceptional experiences.
- Respond to and complete service requests in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the maintenance supervisor and team to prioritize tasks throughout the day
- Provide excellent customer service when interacting with residents, guests, and vendors
- Identify any issues regarding safety, hazardous conditions or maintenance needs in the community and correct them or report them to the maintenance supervisor
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment within the community
- Prepare vacant apartments for move-in, including completing any necessary repairs or replacements
- Ensure upkeep of community appearance by replacing lightbulbs, removing trash and litter, painting and performing repairs
- Accurately complete records in Onesite regarding service requests, preventative maintenance, and make-ready of vacant apartments
- Perform electrical and plumbing work as required
- Assist with groundskeeping, pool maintenance, housekeeping, distribution of notices, apartment inspections, and other tasks as needed
- Six months of maintenance experience, preferably in the apartment industry
- High School Diploma preferred; certification from an accredited trade school highly desired
- EPA Type I, Type II or Universal certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of technical skills as it relates to apartment maintenance
- Handle tile work, carpentry repairs and all facets of the make ready process
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC, plumbing, electrical and all other systems at the community
- Must have valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and be able to accommodate a rotating on-call schedule
- Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays as required
And here’s the fine print HR wants you to know:
- Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment up to 50 lbs.), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion).
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment.
- Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
- Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, etc.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans.
- Deals with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from standard procedures.
- Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.).
- Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools.
- Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, SDS and general safety training, and wearing of proper safety equipment.
- Attendance and punctuality is essential for success in this position
- Contact your HR team for the position’s Physical Demands Analysis
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Camden may add or change responsibilities in order to meet business and organizational needs. Employees must meet qualification standards that are job-related and consistent with business necessity and must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
To learn more about our awesome Benefits, visit Camden Benefits